It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
凡是有钱的单身汉,总想娶位太太,这已经成了一条举世公认的真理。
I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!
我敢说,天下没有比读书更快乐的事了!
Till this moment I never knew myself.
直到这一刻,我才真正认识自己。
My good opinion once lost is lost forever.
我的好感一旦失去,便永远失去。
The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love.
我对这个世界了解得越多,就越确信自己永远遇不到真正能爱的人。
There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature.
对真正的朋友,我愿赴汤蹈火;我不会半心半意去爱人,那不是我的天性。
If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
若我对你爱得少些,或许还能多说些。
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
世上有一半人,无法理解另一半人的快乐。
Angry people are not always wise.
愤怒的人并不总是明智的。
Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance.
婚姻幸福完全是机缘。
All that glisters is not gold.
闪光的不一定都是金子。
There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others.
我生性执拗,从不愿因别人的意志而害怕。
Know your own happiness. You want nothing but patience—or give it a more fascinating name, call it hope.
认清你自己的幸福。你所缺的不过是耐心——或者给它一个更动听的名字,叫希望。
It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.
定义我们的不是所言所想,而是所行。
I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.
我无法确定那一时、一地、一瞥或一言奠定了基础。太久远了。等我察觉时,已身在其中。
It is a truth universally acknowledged.
这是一条举世公认的真理。
There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart.
没有什么魅力能与温柔的心相比。
I always deserve the best treatment because I never put up with any other.
我总该得到最好的对待,因为我从不接受别的。
To be, or not to be, that is the question.
生存还是毁灭,这是一个问题。
We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.
我们都是梦幻的材料,短促的一生环绕在睡眠之中。
加载中…